Internet version of the game: How to play
1) The letter tiles are allocated randomly from the tile pool. The player's tiles are shown in the top right hand panel under "Your letters".
2) The player to start the game will be at the top of the list under the panel showing the player's tiles. The other players will be listed in the order they join the room. When a player plays his word the next player to play is then identified and the allotted time starts again for the next player.
3) The "SEND CHAT" button operates the Instant Messenger (IM) system. Type your "chat" in the lower panel and then press the "SEND CHAT" button to send it. The other players will then instantly see your message.
4) A player has the allotted time in which to make his/her play. If during the allotted time the player plays a word and the word is not in the integrated word list, he/she will be notified in a panel on the screen. The player can then move the tiles and change the word to play another word. Once he/she has played a word and pressed "PLAY WORD" and the word is accepted he is scored and time starts to run for the next player.
PLEASE NOTE. A PLAYER MUST PLAY HIS WORD AND PRESS "PLAY WORD" IN THE ALLOTTED TIME. IF HE DOES NOT DO SO HIS TILES WILL RETURN TO HIS TILE RACK AND HE WILL HAVE FORFEITED HIS TURN.
5) If a player wants to skip a turn he presses "SKIP TURN" and the game immediately moves on to the next player.
6) If a player wants to swap some or all of his tiles:
a) Press "SWAP TILES". He will be asked which tiles he wants to swap. He does this by clicking on the tile(s) he wants to swap.
b) The identified tile(s) are then changed from the pool of tiles (provided there are sufficient tiles in the pool).
c) By swapping tiles a player forfeits a turn.
7) If a situation is reached where none of he players can play and/or they agree (by use of the IM system) to terminate the game each player presses "SKIP TURN" and when all the players have done this the game will automatically terminate and the the scores will be shown. The winner of the game is the player with the highest score.
8) When the game finishes because a player has used all his tiles a "congratualtions" panel will be shown on the board.
9) Language is a continually developing medium. If you know of a word which you have learned is not in the integrated word list of "WORDABILITY" we would be grateful if you will tell us what it is and its definition so we can include it in the list. You can send us this information by using our "CONTACT US" facility.